Terms and Conditions
Following are the terms and conditions of a Melbourne Football Club membership. Benefits and conditions of membership are subject to change and are at the discretion of the Melbourne Football Club.
- All members are bound to act in accordance with the Constitution of the Melbourne Football Club.
- The Melbourne Football Club membership card remains the property of Melbourne Football Club. Membership cards may not be sold, exploited for commercial use, or used for promotional purposes or campaigns without the express written permission of Melbourne Football Club.
- As a member of the Melbourne Football Club, you acknowledge and agree to abide by all state and federal legislation relative to behaviour, ethics and conduct as described in anti-discrimination, anti-harassment and anti-bullying laws. Any member found to have breached these whilst at a Melbourne Football Club event, game or activity will be investigated by MFC and or the AFL and may be suspended from their membership.
- Memberships are non-refundable and member benefits are non-transferable. Once a membership has been purchased, Melbourne Football Club is under no obligation to provide a cancellation or refund. Requests for refunds may only be considered in exceptional circumstances.
- Access to matches is not guaranteed. Access is subject to capacity and you are encouraged to reserve a seat in order to guarantee entry, particularly at high demand matches. Members will be required to pay additional fees and charges when reserving a seat. Access may be gained to unreserved seating on a first came, first served basis subject to availability and Members can upgrade to a reserved seat at the venue for an additional fee subject to availability.
- Entry to games is strictly subject to capacity. Membership holders are not guaranteed entry to games except where a reserved seat has also been purchased.
- It is the responsibility of the member to notify the Club should their details change, including the issuing or withdrawal of concession status; member contact details; or any relevant information that could affect their membership with Melbourne Football Club.
- The membership purchased is for the 2017 season only. The price of a 2017 membership will not be reduced for new applicants wishing to join at any point once the season is underway.
- All membership prices for season 2017 are GST inclusive.
- The AFL membership cut-off date is 31 July 2017. Any membership purchased after 5 pm on this date will not be eligible to access finals tickets, and will not be included in the official 2017 total membership tally.
- 2016 Melbourne Football Club members may renew the same package they had for the 2016 season online or over the telephone using the IVR automated phone service. By renewing over the phone or online, you are accepting the terms and conditions of Melbourne Football Club membership.
- The Club cannot accept any responsibility for membership cards that are lost. Lost membership cards can be reported to Member and Supporter Services on 1300 Demons (1300 336 667) and will incur a replacement fee of $10. Members who have their membership card stolen or destroyed may be required to supply the Club with a statutory declaration. Replacement cards cannot be issued on game day.
- Melbourne Football Club reserves the right to refuse an application. The Club also reserves the right to suspend or cancel a membership, without refund, to any member in breach of these terms and conditions.
- Specific Terms and Conditions for members on the Dedicated Demon payment plan can be found here
- The Melbourne Football Club may from time to time where reasonably necessary vary the terms and conditions of the Melbourne Football Club. The Melbourne Football Club will communicate any change to its membership terms and conditions via the Melbourne Football Club website. Members will have no claim against Melbourne Football Club by reason of any change made to its terms and conditions.
Family membership consists of two adults and up to four juniors (under 15 years of age as at 1 January 2017). Additional children under 15 years of age will be required to purchase an individual junior membership.
The following concession card holders are eligible to purchase a concession membership: Pension card (aged/single parent/disability); Student card (full-time) or enrolment papers confirming full time status; or Veterans Affairs card. Health Care or Health Benefit cards do not qualify.
Concession identification must be produced at the time of membership purchase and when attending games.
*Please note that all junior members who have turned 15 since the 2016 season will automatically be upgraded to concession members.
To be eligible for a junior membership, children must be under 15 years of age as at 1 January 2017. Children over 5 years of age will need to obtain a Young Demon membership if they wish to be eligible to purchase finals tickets. Member and Supporter Services may request proof of age identification (copy of birth certificate or passport etc.)
- Melbourne reserved seat holders from 2016 have until Friday 18 November 2016 to renew their same reserved seats for 2017. After this date, all reserved seats that have not been renewed will be released for general sale and it cannot be guaranteed that you will be able to obtain the same seat from the 2016 season.
- Seating areas at the MCG are subject to change. These changes are made upon consultation with the venue. The Club will endeavour to advise members of any changes.
- To minimise the number of vacant seats in the stadium, Melbourne Football Club reserves the right to move a member two seats to the left or right within the same row without contacting the member concerned.
- The AFL may classify a match as a ‘reserved seat ticket’ event or ‘fully ticketed’. In this case, anyone wishing to attend this match will be required to reserve a seat to gain entry. Pre-booking of seats incurs additional match booking fees that go directly to the ticketing agent. For matches where there is a high demand for reserved seating, it is recommended that members reserve a seat in advance.
- Members can upgrade to a daily reserved seat through the following ticketing agencies:
MCG – Ticketek – 132 849 or www.ticketek.com.au
Etihad Stadium – Ticketmaster – 1300 136 122 or www.ticketmaster.com.au
- Country/Interstate 5 members must live more than 120km from the Melbourne GPO.
- Members must nominate to attend interstate Melbourne games by completing the online nomination form at http://membership.Melbournefc.com.au/ or by returning the Interstate Ticket Nomination Form via mail to PO BOX 223 East Melbourne VIC 8002. You will be sent a form with your membership fulfilment pack.
- Nominations must be received by Membership Services by the dates specified on the Interstate Ticket Nomination form and on our website. These dates will be approximately four weeks before the game you wish to attend. Tickets are limited, and therefore nominations are accepted on a first in, first served basis.
AFL Club Support Members
- By nominating Melbourne as your Club of support with the AFL, you are agreeing to become a member of Melbourne Football Club and as a result, your personal details will be forwarded to the Club so that they may contact you for Club purposes.
- An AFL Absentee membership allows you to place your AFL membership number on hold for a season and allows you to return to the same membership status and number when your circumstances change. Please note that this does not hold your membership and Reward and Recognition status with Melbourne Football Club.
Member Consecutive Years Recognition
- Designed to recognise members’ loyalty, the Melbourne Football Club Recognition program is based on the length of time members have held consecutive memberships with the Club, based on the following principles:
- Years of membership must be consecutive. Members must renew each season to retain their Reward and Recognition status. If you do not renew your membership for one or more seasons, you will commence as a first year member when you renew in future seasons.
- The Member Recognition program and its benefits are offered at the sole discretion of the Melbourne Football Club.
Recognition categories and benefits cannot be transferred.
- Absentee Memberships are available as an option for members who wish to continue their consecutive years of membership. Please contact Membership Services on 1300 Demons (1300 336 667) for further information.
Premium Members – Code Of Conduct
The Premium Members’ areas in the Olympic and Southern Stands are the best place to watch Melbourne home games. These guidelines are designed to ensure everyone enjoys their day at the football.
All members are asked to sit in their reserved seats/reserved area as indicated on the back of their membership card. Please note that membership cards are not transferable, and only the member indicated on the card is to sit in the reserved seat.
- Guest Passes
Premium Member Guest passes can be purchased by Premium Members for each home game at the MCG. Guest passes allow the bearer access to sections P10, P11, and P12 in the Southern Stand and rows C-M of N55 in the Olympic Stand. If the Premium Member wishes to sit with their guests on the day, they must accompany them to the guest bays. Guest Passes do not allow the guest to sit in the Premium Member reserved seat areas. If you are unsure of where to sit, ask one of the friendly MCG staff. Guest passes also allow the guest to accompany the member into the Premium Member dining facilities in both the Great Southern and Olympic Stands.
- Be respectful of others
Premium Member areas are family friendly areas, and members and guests are expected to act accordingly. Please be mindful of using bad language. There are young children sitting near you, so don’t use language that you wouldn’t want your own children to hear. Anti-social behaviour and violence will not be tolerated in the Premium member areas. If you witness such behaviour, please send an SMS to MCG Security on 0409 117 621.
- Food and Dining
Access to the Hassett and Ryder Rooms is available at home games for all Premium Members and guests (with guest passes). These rooms are family friendly areas where members and guests can mingle together, and are available for members to purchase food and beverages before, during and after home games. These rooms are hosted by volunteers Mike Anderson and Ralph Crapper, who are available to assist you on game day and ensure that you enjoy the experience.
- Opposition Supporters
Opposition supporters are welcome as guests of Premium Members in the Guest Bays and the Hassett and Ryder rooms. We ask that these supporters respect the area to ensure that an enjoyable day is had by all.
2017 AFL Finals Series – Weeks 1 To 3
(Week 1 Qualifying / Elimination Finals; Week 2 – Semi Finals; Week 3 – Preliminary Finals).
Melbourne Football Club match-access members are given priority access (over non-members) to purchase a ticket to finals during the first three weeks of the finals series*.
AFL Finals matches are administered by the AFL with the core advantage to Melbourne Football Club members being a priority access period for the opportunity to purchase a ticket to the game* before the general public. The priority access period is also extended to members of the other competing club.
Neither the Club nor its members have the same rights as they receive for the Home and Away games – 2017 reserved seat members will be unable to retain their annual reserved seat for the finals series.
To be eligible for finals tickets you must join as a member before 31 July 2017.
Note: These arrangements are subject to change.
*subject to participation
AFL Grand Final
The sale of AFL Grand Final tickets is administered and managed by the AFL.
Tickets will be made available to Melbourne Football Club members on a priority basis depending on the membership type held.
The order of allocation of Grand Final Tickets to Melbourne members will be as follows:
Priority 1 (Guaranteed access) – Legends, Trident, Redlegs, and Grand Final Guarantee holders
Priority 2 – All remaining match access members and Silver AFL Club Support members
All finals information will be communicated to members in the lead up to the 2017 Finals Series and advertised nationally by the AFL.
To be eligible for a Grand Final ticket you must join as a member before 31 July 2017.
IMPORTANT: These arrangements are subject to change.