In order to protect the image and reputation of the Melbourne Football Club, the Constitution of the Club entrusts the Board with the responsibility to establish a Members’ Code of Conduct. The Club is committed to maintaining a safe, enjoyable, inclusive and family-friendly environment in relation to all of its activities.
Accordingly, the Melbourne Football Club has adopted the following Code of Conduct for the benefit of its members, supporters and the wider AFL community. In accordance with the Constitution, members are bound by this Code and if found to be in breach, may face disciplinary action (including cancellation of membership entitlements).
Consistent with the values of the Melbourne Football Club, all members are required:
1. to conduct themselves towards the Club and players in ways that are respectful to all, lawful and in the spirit of the game;
2. in relation to Melbourne matches, social media channels and events (or when dealing with any Club employees, players or officials) to refrain from:
a. engaging in or endorsing any form of threatening conduct, or vilification or abuse on the basis of race, gender, religion, disability or sexuality;
b. any acts of violence, disruptive behaviour or use of offensive or abusive language or gestures;
3. to comply with the terms of entry at any venue in relation to any Club matches or other Club activities; and
4. to conduct themselves in a manner that does not damage (or have the potential to damage) the reputation of the Club, its members or supporters.
The Melbourne Football Club encourages its members to report any anti-social behaviour through the following channels:
• MCG - SMS the Section, Row and Seat along with the behaviour witnessed to 0409 117 621.
• Marvel Stadium – SMS the Aisle, Row and Seat/s along with the behaviour witnessed to 0427 767 768.
• Club Events – inform Melbourne Football Club officials at the event
• Social Media – email email@example.com
The Club may from time to time where reasonably necessary vary the terms and conditions of Club Membership. The Club will communicate any change to its membership terms and conditions via the Club website. Members will have no claim against the Club by reason of any change made to the terms and conditions of Club Membership.
Club Members must adhere to all rules and restrictions imposed by the venues attended by the Club Member. All venues are smoke-free. Patrons are not permitted to bring alcohol into any venue and must adhere to strict restrictions placed on alcohol consumption in designated areas at all venues. Umbrellas are not permitted to be opened anywhere within viewing areas at any time on match day.
Membership cards remain the property of the Club. If a Club Membership card is lost or stolen, please contact our Membership Team on 1300 DEMONS (336 667) and the Club will then issue a replacement Membership card subject to receipt of the replacement card fee (as advised by the Club). The card will be replaced at no cost upon provision if a police report or statutory declaration detailing the theft.
All access memberships receive full voting rights (members 18 and over).
Members may renew their Club Membership over the telephone or online. By renewing over the telephone or online, you accept these terms and conditions of Club Membership (as amended from time to time by the Club).
If you require further information in relation to these terms and conditions, please visit membership.melbournefc.com.au or call the Melbourne Football Club Membership Team on 1300 DEMONS (336 667).